Last Updated: April, 17, 2023
We collect personal informationdirectly from you when you use our Services. We automatically collect certaininformation about you and your computer, smartphone, or other such device whenyou access, use or interact with our Services. We may also collect informationabout you from our partners, service providers, and other third parties, suchas social media companies.
LOAK App. If you download,access or use the LOAK App, we may process the following personal informationabout you:
· Contactinformation such as your name, email address, address or any other informationthat you choose to provide when you register for the LOAK App;
· Locationinformation such as your precise geographical location;
· Demographicinformation such as your age and gender;
· Profileinformation such as your social media username;
· Device informationsuch as your browser, device, originating URL and referring domain;
· Purchasinginformation such as your purchasing preferences and locations;
· Usage information,such as information about how you use the Service and interact with us; and
· Inferences drawnfrom any of the above.
Other personal informationcollected through use of the Services. We collect information automaticallywhen you use the Services, including when you browse our Site. To the extentyou use certain features of the Site, such as the “Contact” or “Work with Us”feature, we will collect the personal information you provide to us, which mayinclude your name, email address, or any additional personal information thatyou choose to provide us.
Job applicants. When yousubmit a job application, we will collect your personal information. Thecategories of information we may collect include your full name, email address,phone number, resume, work history, and other information about you personallyand your employment history.
Server logs.Server logs automatically record information and details about your onlineinteractions with us. For example, server logs may record information aboutyour visit to our Site on a particular time and day and collect informationsuch as your device ID and IP address.
Pixel tags. A pixel tag (also known as a webbeacon, “web bug”, clear graphics interchange format (GIF), pixel, or tag) isan image or a small string of code that may be placed in an advertisement oremail. It allows companies to set or read cookies or transfer information totheir servers when you load a webpage or interact with online content. Forexample, we or our service providers may use pixel tags to determine whetheryou have interacted with a specific part of our Services or whether you haveopened a particular email.
SDKs and mobile advertising IDs.Our Services may include third-party software development kits (“SDKs”)that allow us and our service providers to collect information about youractivity. In addition, some mobile devices come with a resettable mobileadvertising ID (such as Apple’s IDFA and Google’s Advertising ID) that, likecookies and pixel tags, allow us and our service providers to identify yourmobile device over time for advertising purposes.
Third-party plugins. OurServices may include plugins from other companies, including social mediacompanies. These plugins may collect information, such as information about thepages you visit, and share it with the company that created the plugin even ifyou do not click on the plugin. These third-party plugins are governed by theprivacy policies and terms of the companies that created them.
Third-party online tracking andbehavioral advertising. We also may partner with certain third partiesto collect, analyze, and use some of the personal and other informationdescribed in this section. For example, we may allow third parties to setpixels and mobile advertising IDs through the Services. This information may beused for a variety of purposes, including Site and LOAK App analytics, asdiscussed below (see the section entitled “With Whom and Why We Share Your Information”).
Aggregated and deidentifiedinformation. From time to time, we may also aggregate or de-identifyinformation about your use of our Services, such as the pages you visit or yourtransactions, and share that information with third parties. Such aggregatedinformation will not identify you personally.
How We Use andProcess Your Information
LOAK uses the information that wecollect for a variety of purposes. Our legal bases for processing your personalinformation are: 1) our legitimate interest in running and maintaining ourbusiness; 2) performance and fulfillment of our contracts; 3) your consent; and4) compliance with our legal obligations. In many instances, more than one ofthese legal bases apply to the processing of your personal information.
The primary purpose for which we collect information is toprovide you with our Services. Other purposes for which we use your informationinclude to:
· Respond to your inquiries and provide you withsupport;
· Market information about our Services on topicsthat we believe may interest you, including newsletters, updates, or othercommunications, including promotional emails and interest-based advertising;
· Evaluate employment applications and contact youregarding potential employment;
· Monitor and analyze usage and various featuresof our Services and trends, and to personalize and improve our Services and ourusers’ experiences on our Services, such as content, or features that matchtheir profiles or interests, and to increase the functionality of our productsor Services;
· Deliver confirmations, account information,notifications, and similar operational communications;
· Comply with legal and/or regulatoryrequirements; and
· Manage our business.
With Whom and Why WeShare Your Information
We may share your information with other parties for avariety of purposes related to the operation of our business, as describedbelow.
Our partners. We may shareyour personal information with our partners to provide you with our Services.
Third-party service providers. LOAKalso uses third-party service providers that perform services on our behalf,including web-hosting companies, mailing vendors, analytics providers,transaction processing and other similar services. These service providers maycollect and/or use your information, including information that identifies youpersonally, to assist us in achieving the purposes discussed above.
Interest-based advertising. TheServices also enable third-party tracking mechanisms to collect informationabout you and your computing devices for use in online interest-basedadvertising. For example, third parties, such as Facebook, may use the factthat you visited our Site or LOAK App to target online ads to you about ourServices. In addition, our third-party advertising networks might useinformation about your use of our Services to help target advertisements basedon your mobile activity in general. For information about interest-based advertisingpractices, including privacy and confidentiality, visit the NetworkAdvertising Initiative website or the Digital Advertising Alliance website.
The use of online trackingmechanisms by third parties is subject to those third parties’ own privacypolicies, and not this Policy. If you prefer to prevent third parties fromsetting and accessing cookies on your computer or other device, you may setyour browser to block cookies. Additionally, you may remove yourself from thetargeted advertising of companies within the Network Advertising Initiative byopting out here, orof companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance by opting out here. Although our Servicescurrently do not respond to “do not track” browser headers, you can limittracking through these third-party programs and by taking the other stepsdiscussed above.
If you use the Services throughyour mobile device, you may also opt-out of interest-based by adjusting theadvertising preferences on your mobile device. You may further opt out forcompanies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance's AppChoicestool by downloading it here andfollowing the instructions on the website.
Legal purposes. We alsomay use or share your information with third parties, including governmentagencies or other regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials, when webelieve, in our sole discretion, that doing so is necessary:
· To comply with applicable law, including, a courtorder, subpoena, or other legal process or otherwise cooperate with appropriatelaw enforcement or regulatory investigations;
· To investigate, prevent, or take action regardingillegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our terms and conditions, orsituations involving threats to our property or the property or physical safetyof any person or third party;
· To establish, protect, or exercise our legal rightsor defend against legal claims; or
· To facilitate the financing, securitization,insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of ourbusiness or assets.
We never sell your personal information.
Your Rights andChoices
If you are subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), youhave various rights in relation to your personal information, including:
· Rightof access.You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
· Rightto rectification.You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information that you believeis inaccurate.
· Rightto restrict processing.You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personalinformation in certain circumstances.
· Rightto erasure.You have the right to ask that we delete your personal information. We are notobliged to do so in the event that we need to retain such data in order tocomply with legal obligations or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
· Rightto data portability.For personal information that you have given us, you have the right to ask thatwe transfer such information to another organization or ask for suchinformation in machine readable format.
· Rightto object to processing.You have the right to oppose to processing of your personal information incertain circumstances.
· Rightto withdraw consent.If you have consented to our processing of your personal information, you havethe right to withdraw your consent at any time.
· Rightto lodge a complaint.You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local data protectionauthority if you believe that we have not complied with applicable dataprotection laws.
For your privacy and security, wemay require verification of your identity before responding to your request(s).
If you want to learn more about the personal informationthat we have about you, or you would like to exercise your rights, pleasecontact us by email at info@Loak.co.
Email Communicationsand Opting Out
Email is an important communicationschannel between LOAK and you. If you receive an email from us about a productor service, you may unsubscribe to future emails about that product or serviceby following the instructions in the email message. You may also opt out of byemailing us at info@Loak.co.
We employ physical, technical,and administrative procedures to safeguard the personal information we collectonline. However, no website is 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant thesecurity of any information you transmit to us or through the Services, and youtransmit such information at your own risk.
We retain personal informationabout you necessary to fulfill the purpose for which that information wascollected, as specifically limited by the policies outlined above, or as requiredor permitted by law. We do not retain personal information longer than isnecessary for us to achieve the purposes for which we collected it. When wedestroy your personal information, we do so in a way that prevents thatinformation from being restored or reconstructed.
The information that we collectthrough or in connection with the Site is transferred to and processed in theUnited States for the purposes described above. We may also subcontract theprocessing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, affiliates orthird parties in the United States or countries other than your country ofresidence. The data-protection laws in these countries may be different from,and less stringent than, those in your country of residence. We comply with allapplicable laws when transferring your data from one jurisdiction to another.By using the Services or by providing any personal or other information to us,you expressly consent to such transfer and processing.
Our Services are directed atindividuals over the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personallyidentifiable information or personal data, as defined in GDPR, from childrenunder the age of 16.
Updates to thisPolicy
LOAK reserves the right to modify its Policy at any time, for any reason.LOAK will post all such changes on the Site. We encourage you to review this page periodically to review the currentPolicy in effect.
How to Contact Us
Should you have any questions orconcerns about this Policy, you can contact us by sending us an email or at:
2150 Shattuck Ave, Penthouse
Berkeley, CA 94704